The majority of people are promoted and develop their careers on the basis of their specialist knowledge. There comes a time when we can no longer rely on these skills and need to make the transition from functional expert to being a business leader, capable of driving the whole business forwards.
This half-day Masterclass is specifically designed to support business managers in making this transition. Participants will understand the differences between the two leadership approaches and the skills and behaviours that functional experts can carry forwards to their role as a leader.
- The critical differences between a functional expert and a business leader
- How successful business leaders operate and developing your own leadership style
- Influencing styles and how to use them effectively
- How to effectively manage the transition
- How to engage your teams, consistently and effectively
- The changing business context and its relevance
The Masterclass format
Vmax Consulting Masterclasses are fast-paced and highly experiential half-day events held at venues across the UK.
Participants will spend their time learning key topic areas from industry experts and sharing experiences with their industry peers.
It’s important that participants can learn from each other as well as from us.
Our Masterclasses are designed for people who are, or are planning to use the topic areas for projects in their organisation. Typically you’ll be a leader, line manager or HR professional with responsibility for the design and implementation of these services.
We’ll ask you a few questions when you register to help us understand a little more about you and your organisation, and to make sure the event is suitable.
If we have any questions or concerns, we’ll get in touch.