A highly interactive 2 day workshop that will equip your managers with the skills they need to coach their teams, and to have the tough conversations required to effectively manage performance.
The workshop includes high quality instruction from industry experts, refreshments throughout the day including lunch, all materials and 12 months follow-up support.
Interactive and practical
Our introduction to coaching skills for managers workshop is highly interactive, using role play exercises and simulated coaching conversations to build competence and confidence in the practice of coaching as a line manager.
Throughout the workshop, significant emphasis is placed on the application of learning within the work environment. Participants will finish the course with a full appreciation of the fundamental skills required to support and develop their team using coaching.
- Introduction to coaching
- Exploring what coaching is and isn’t
- Principles of coaching
- Coaching and line management – the commonalities and the differences
- What are the common skills and how do we deploy them
- What is different – focus/goal/ownership/management
- The importance of signposting
- The GROW model of coaching
- Introduction to the GROW model
- Exploring the elements in detail
- Structuring a coaching session
- Explanation of how to structure a coaching session
- Skills development exercises
- Group exercises on preparing for, delivering and reflecting upon a coaching session
- Discussion of planning process
- Conducting challenging line management conversations
- Recognising and preparing for challenging conversations
- Avoiding common pitfalls
- Skills development exercises
- Group exercises on preparing for, delivering and reflecting upon challenging conversations
- Reflection and action planning
- Action planning for future coaching
- Creating a support network
The Vmax Consulting introduction to coaching skills for managers workshop has delivered results for organisations in a wide range of industry sectors over the course of the last decade.
Recent teams we have worked with have come from organisations as diverse as charities, aerospace, financial services and white goods manufacturing.
All the teams we have worked with have reported more confidence in the use of coaching skills, better understanding of the role coaching plays in their line management responsibilities and more effective development of teams and the individuals within them.
Price and schedule
Our public programme is priced at just £795 +VAT per person, to include high quality instruction from industry experts, refreshments throughout the day including lunch, all materials and 12 months follow-up support.
The public workshops are always popular and are likely to sell out very quickly!
Our next two public workshops are:
- Wednesday 27th – Thursday 28th February. Malmaison Leeds
- Tuesday 2nd – Wednesday 3rd April. Malmaison Leeds
If you have a number of managers requiring these skills, then we can deliver a bespoke workshop just for you. Held at your premises with up to 12 people, this high-impact, personalised programme costs less than £350 per person.